Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you likely know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  And surely, if you're on Facebook, you've seen the updates about "where you like it." (On the back of the chair, by the way)......all of this in the name of spreading awareness about breast cancer, which if it saves a life, is totally worth it.

Another way to raise awareness is through awareness ribbons.  A few weeks ago I bought this ribbon cutter at Southbank Gift Company and had the opportunity this past week to test it out for a bake sale at my church.  



I'm planning on making some changes in my design, and also ordering a medium size and mini cutter (this one is about 5 inches tall).

I know pink ribbons, or posting "where I like it" doesn't stop breast cancer.  But if ribbons, or ribbon cookies, make even a little difference, count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment